[OmniOS-discuss] SATA SSD vs. SAS

Fábio Rabelo fabio at fabiorabelo.wiki.br
Mon Sep 29 20:24:35 UTC 2014

Hi to all ...

I live in Brazil, and here there are things that are VERY hard to find !

So, I need to be creative to get things done ...

This as my experiences, till now :

I Use Supermicro SATA backplanes ( the ones wirh  "TQ"  in the end of
the part number ) with a mix of SATA and SAS disks without any kind of
issue so far  ...

The only controller card I used till now are the IBM 1015 flashed to
IT , and the breakout cables, one end are sff8087 and the other end
have 4 SATA connectors .

Systems are running fine for more then an year ...

several Samsung and Sandisk SSDs for ZIL .

But till now no pure SSD system .

Fábio Rabelo