[OmniOS-discuss] Coming soon: r151013 version of "bloody"

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Sep 30 18:12:52 UTC 2014

I mentioned earlier that the current "bloody" repository (which is labelled r151011) is toxic.  I updated CherryPy there without thinking it through.  It broke pkg(5), specifically pkg.depotd, and I had to back it out in source.  I managed to do this before r151012 had a repo, so it did not affect the r151012 release, nor its repository.

Any bloody boot environment updated after August 20th is toxic.  A simple test is to utter:

	pkg list cherrypy

and see if the version is 3.5.0.  If it is, your BE is toxic.  If it is 3.2.2, it is not.

My knowledge of pkg(5) isn't deep enough to know of a non-destructive way to back this out.  If you have a BE that predates the misapplied CherryPy 3.5 update, please use THAT BE as a basis for upgrading out to either r151012, or the upcoming r151013 version of bloody.

Later this week, I plan on replacing the http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/bloody/ repo with bits that are version r151013.  And when I say replacing, I mean, "remove the backing IPS on-disk repo, and put in brand new ones.

Because this is the bloody repo, I don't expect to have to help people transition.  You know that when you're using bloody, things can get sketchy.  I always hope at the end of a bloody cycle one can update to the next supported release, but this time, that didn't happen.  (Trust me, it took a while for me to untangle this for what became the r151012 build box.)

So heads up, r151013 will be coming very soon.  I will have release media for it at the same time.  If anyone out there uses Kayak, I'd be especially interested in bloody testing for Kayak.

Thanks,