[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151014 is now out!

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Fri Apr 3 14:12:30 UTC 2015

Dan McDonald writes:
> Say hello to OmniOS r151014:
>
> 	http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/r151014
>
> I won't go over all of the release notes here, but I will say to
> FOLLOW THE UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.  People who upgrade must
> make sure they don't run into the too-many-BEs problem (more than
> 40, worry about it), AND make sure they update the signature policy
> when they reset the "omnios" publisher.

Thanks for all of the great work you and OmniTI are doing.  OmniOS is
Good Stuff(tm)!

One info item for those of you who upgraded right away (like me :-).
If you have IPS pkg servers running on your system, they will be in
maintenance mode after you reboot into your new 151014 BE.

You need to manually "refresh" and "clear" your server instances:

  # svcadm refresh svc:/application/pkg/server:<your instance>
  # svcadm clear svc:/application/pkg/server:<your instance>

This is because the name of the start method has changed in the
manifest (from "svc-pkg-depot" to "svc-pkg-server").

HTH, and happy Easter!

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"