[OmniOS-discuss] New MB

Eric Sproul eric.sproul at circonus.com
Mon Apr 6 17:23:28 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been looking at this motherboard for a low-power storage server:
> http://supermicro.nl/products/motherboard/Atom/X10/A1SA7-2750F.cfm
>
> I wonder whether there should be any problems in Omnios for this board?
>
> It is packed with a LSI 2116 controller which is also used in
> LSISAS9200-16e and LSISAS9201-16i

LSI SAS2116 is either pciex1000,64 or ,65.  Both appear to be
supported by mpt_sas in OmniOS 014.  You should be good there.

> Nics is based on Intel i354.

Supported in recent stable releases that contain (or got backported)
https://www.illumos.org/issues/4431

> 1 internal SATA 3 with SATA DOM power connector which I consider use
> for OS.

I believe the C2000 SoC SATA ports are standard AHCI and should "just work".

Modulo actually being able to mount the weird form-factor in a
standard case (note that you need enough of the mounting holes to line
up, not just that the dimensions fit!), I would expect OmniOS to work.

Eric