[OmniOS-discuss] Problem with VNIC in KVM

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Tue Apr 7 18:30:02 UTC 2015

On Tue, 7 Apr 2015, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

; On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 23:42:55 +0000 (UTC)
; Andy Fiddaman <omnios at citrus-it.net> wrote:
;
; >
; > I've just tried it on and off and no difference (host and VM).
; > The annoying thing is that I've had this working fine in the lab before
; > the machine was rebuilt and put into production. Must be missing
; > something!
; Ok. Could it be some missing ipf?

Kstat in the OI VM was showing packets being received, they just weren't
making it through the IP stack for some reason. Wasn't IPF but it has
started working since I increased the number of virtual CPUs allocated to
the VM. I haven't conclusively proven the link but I have a working system
now so I'm going to leave it at that as I have some Illumos builds to get
done!

Thanks for the suggestions. If I work out any conclusive links I'll post
back.

Andy
Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)870 199 8000 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123