[OmniOS-discuss] esxi 5.5 to omnios r151014 nfs server issue

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Apr 10 14:17:31 UTC 2015

> On Apr 10, 2015, at 10:10 AM, Schweiss, Chip <chip at innovates.com> wrote:
>
> This information certainly puts the pause on me moving to r151014 for my systems serving ESXi.
>
> My next suspicion would be that this would be an NFS locking issue.  There were updates to the lock manager in r151014.   Tcpdumps will reveal if that is the problem.

The lock manager updates in '014 were to prevent the choking-at-boot-time seen in '010 and 012.  The illumos community is aware there are further problems. (The bug report or code review for illumos 4518 talks about this.) I hope to have the next OmniOS bloody spun out soon, and then people can start keeping up with upstream again.