[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS 151014: questions about locale settings and vi editing command's issues.

Richard PALO richard at netbsd.org
Thu Apr 16 10:53:21 UTC 2015

Le 16/04/15 12:13, Davide Poletto a écrit :
> Hi Volker,
>
> Yes, physical USB Italian keyboard directly connected to my little HP
> MicroServer G7 (or G8, no matter).
>
> I'm using the default OmniOS Shell...after login:
>
> echo $SHELL
> /usr/bin/bash
>
> echo $TERM
> sun-color
>
> They're default, never touched (as the /root/.profile file too).
>
> I'm starting to have few suspects there is something wrong with these
> "default" settings...Isn't it Volker?
>
> Davide.

What is TERMINFO?

I haven't had much time to really dig into the matter, but I seem to
remember although /usr/gnu/lib/terminfo was fine on OI, it's not really
on omnios. Most of the strangeness I've experienced (french keyboard)
seemed to go away when using either /usr/share/lib/terminfo or in my
case pkgsrc terminfo database...