[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS 151014: questions about locale settings and vi editing command's issues.

Davide Poletto davide.poletto at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 11:30:51 UTC 2015

You mean into /etc/default/init ? OK...I did that by echoing those lines
(not the LANG parameter which I left blank as is) and settings it_IT.UTF-8

Now special characters are printed correctly (e.g. "°" or "à") but vi
editor way of input commands is still a true mess: I'm still unable to
enter the INSERT mode (via ESC + a) to type what I want, ESC + Shift + :
works and I'm able to place commands like q! or wq and so on.

Really don't know why vi behaves in such way.