[OmniOS-discuss] Please update - it's a reboot-your-box one

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Apr 20 12:43:50 UTC 2015

If you have any of r151006, r151012, or r151014, please update your machines for a reboot-worthy update.  A kernel bug was recently found and fixed that COULD cause privilege escalation.

To be safe, I built the entirety of illumos-omnios and pushed those (after signing in 012 & 014) out to their respective repos.  The 014 additional brought along a few extra ZFS fixes, and one more mr_sas fix, upstreamed not long after the 014 illumos merge window closed.

I'm obtaining a CVE number, but don't have it yet.