[OmniOS-discuss] omnios zone experiences on openindiana

PÁSZTOR György pasztor at sagv5.gyakg.u-szeged.hu
Tue Apr 21 23:05:35 UTC 2015

Hi,

"Volker A. Brandt" <vab at bb-c.de> írta 2015-04-21 09:39-kor:
> > I do not remember, where I discussed about this topic earlier, but I
> > just wanted to tell a success-story:
>
> Thank you, interesting story. :-)
>
> > now I
> > can have omnios 151014 lts zones on my openindiana nas.
>
> I am surprised that it works.  What "brand" setting do you use for
> the zone?  My guess is "ipkg".

Yes. It was ipkg on the source omnios too, so I just did not change that.
I exported the config on omni, and imported here, and the zfs too.
Maybe, if someone interested, I can try to reproduce the whole thing, and
write a more "structured" howto / wikipage about it.
Or try to write the whole into a shellscript and make the whole zone
migration automated, and upload that to my github repo.
(Not on this week! ;-) )

The only hard question for myself (poetic question) how to automate the
root privilege gathering on the target side? (sudo, pfexec, su - ?)

Kind regards,
György Pásztor