[OmniOS-discuss] r151014 missing /usr/share/man/man1/cpp

Eric Sproul eric.sproul at circonus.com
Wed Apr 22 15:37:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Doug Hughes <doug at will.to> wrote:
> it seems like an odd omission. But I can't find the man page for cpp
> anywhere.
>
> I tried find in /usr/share/man to see if it was anywhere else, but couldn't
> find it. It's not that I don't have man pages installed. There are lots, but
> cpp is notably missing.

Simply put, there isn't one.
https://github.com/omniti-labs/omnios-build/tree/master/build/cpp/files
is the only source we have.  This is not part of illumos, it's an
open-source replacement for the previous, closed-source cpp we
inherited from OpenSolaris.  I believe it's a copy from
https://github.com/joyent/illumos-extra/tree/master/cpp but I'm hazy
on the history.

Eric