[OmniOS-discuss] slow ssh login, maybee to many locales?

PÁSZTOR György pasztor at sagv5.gyakg.u-szeged.hu
Thu Apr 23 14:51:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

"Andreas Luka" <andreas at luka-online.de> írta 2015-04-22 23:59-kor:
> You maybe check your passing of the language environment from ssh-client
> and sshd-server.

I checked.

> If you want to pass the language environment than make sure that

I don't want. But it does automatically, so I just don't mind it :)

> /etc/ssh/ssh_config in the client includes the line
> SendEnv LANG LC_*

Yes. It's in there in my ubuntu client's default config.

> and that /etc/ssh/sshd_config in the server includes the line
> AcceptEnv LANG LC_*

OmniOS doesn't use openssh, they use their modified Solaris-derived
version. It doesn't contain the AcceptEnv option.
However, the manual says some exceptions, what are the defaultly accepted
environment variables, and the manuel explicitly mentions these variables.
But the login is still slow, if I write the "PermitUserEnvironment yes"
into my ssd_config on OmniOS.

> and that you have the same hungarian language files present on server and
> client side.üDAndreas

And with/without it: as my example showed:
If I did not move away the language dirs from /usr/lib/locale then it can
transfer my localized settings, and display the date in hungarian. So it
works fine.

The problem is still that, it's slooooow, because look into all locale
dir...

Kind regards,
György Pásztor