[OmniOS-discuss] LTS just comes to a halt doing mass-copy

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Sun Apr 26 01:14:09 UTC 2015

Supplementary:

1.  To revert, I booted from c2t2d0s0 then zpool replaced c2t0d0s0.
That went OK.

2.  The mass copying process (step 5 of TFA) died on one particular zfs
filesystem, which had child systems, although it had already
successfully copied another filesystem with child systems.  I restarted
the machine and resumed mass-copying and it again died on the same
filesystem.  Is it possible that the system contains features that LTS
can't handle ?  Surely LTS would say so ?

3.  Having reverted and replaced, I then copied the offending
filesystem within the same rpool, i.e.:

root at world:/root# zfs snapshot -r rpool/gentoo at Z
root at world:/root# nice zfs send -R rpool/gentoo at Z | nice zfs recv rpool/G2

which went alright, so the filesystem itself does not appear to be
unreadable.

Does the above provide any clues ?

Michael.