[OmniOS-discuss] LTS just comes to a halt doing mass-copy

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 08:16:11 UTC 2015

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 00:55:24 -0400
Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> By "died" you mean the system hung?  Did you have a concurrent shell
> running at the same time?  Did that stop working?  If you have a
> concurrent shell, it might be nice to take a system dump upon this
> freeze.

Pretty well.   As I mentioned, pressing the power button caused a
'powerdown initiated on /dev/console' or similar (from memory) but
shutdown did not proceed.  I did have a ssh session open but although I
could type into it, nothing happened after I pressed Enter.  Nothing
that required disk activity would work.

> Where was the original zpool coming from?  You mention an "upgrade"
> so I'm assuming it's from an earlier version of OmniOS.

Yes, OmniOS v11 r151013

> Can you send the snapshot to a file?  It might be useful to debug the
> snapshot.

Do you mean a snapshot to the filesystem on which it hung?  It's 69.5
GiB.  In any case, as I mentioned, I could copy it once I was back on
r151013, so I don't think there's anything unreadable there.  Maybe
some unsupported feature ?

Michael.