[OmniOS-discuss] Problem with Midnight Commander on OmniOS 151014

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Aug 19 17:44:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 18:49:29 +0200
Guenther Alka <alka at hfg-gmuend.de> wrote:

> I install Midnight Commender on OmniOS via
>
> pkg set-publisher -g http://pkg.cs.umd.edu cs.umd.edu
> pkg install file/mc
>
> On OmniOS 151012 this worked fine, on OmniOS 151014:
>
> - I must call it with full path /opt/csd/bin/i386/mc (earlier a mc was enough)
> - when starting via console on ESXi and entering a folder, it freezes, a clear command cancels this
> I get a console message: select (FD_SETSIZE, &read_set...): Bad file number (9)

This one is working here:
mc --version
GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.13
Built with GLib 2.34.1
Using the S-Lang library with terminfo database
With builtin Editor
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support
Virtual File Systems: cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ftpfs, fish
Data types: char: 8; int: 32; long: 64; void *: 64; size_t: 64; off_t:
64;
$ which mc
/usr/bin/mc

If I remember correctly it was installed from pkg.cs.umd.edu under
151012 but I disabled the repo as part of upgrading to 151014 and have
forgotten to activate it again;-)
Empty response from: $ sudo pkgchk -l -p /usr/bin/mc

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
HOW YOU CAN TELL THAT IT'S GOING TO BE A ROTTEN DAY:
	#15 Your pet rock snaps at you.