[OmniOS-discuss] NFS Server restart

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Dec 8 17:47:35 UTC 2015

> On Dec 8, 2015, at 11:16 AM, Schweiss, Chip <chip at innovates.com> wrote:
>
> Can someone fill me in on which services in what order should be stopped/started to get NFS fully reset?

You can start here...

shell(~)[0]% svcs -d nfs/server
STATE          STIME    FMRI
disabled       Nov_16   svc:/network/rpc/keyserv:default
online         Nov_16   svc:/milestone/network:default
online         Nov_16   svc:/network/rpc/bind:default
online         Nov_16   svc:/system/filesystem/local:default
online         Nov_16   svc:/network/shares/group:default
online         Nov_16   svc:/network/shares/group:smb
online         Nov_16   svc:/system/filesystem/reparse:default
online         Nov_16   svc:/network/nfs/nlockmgr:default
online         Nov_16   svc:/network/nfs/mapid:default
online         Nov_16   svc:/network/rpc/gss:default
online         Nov_16   svc:/network/shares/group:zfs
shell(~)[0]%

and further descend the rabbit hole if you need, but most of the intermediate NFS services all depend on rpc/bind.