[OmniOS-discuss] Hung ZFS Pool

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Dec 9 15:16:03 UTC 2015

> On Dec 9, 2015, at 8:14 AM, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:
>
> So read access appears to be ok. Writes are totally boned, however.  That touch just hangs forever.
>
> So what do I need to do to provide you all with the information you need to diagnose this.

Do you literally have a touch process hanging right now?  Or is it something you can ^C out of?

Does anything stand out in /var/adm/messages?  Maybe the kernel is complaining about something there.

My final inclination is heavy-handed:

	- Make sure you have at least one process stuck on writing to that filesystem.

	- "reboot -d" and take a kernel coredump

Unless you have sensitive information, a kernel coredump you can share would be the best thing to do.

Dan

p.s. I'm at the Dr. the rest of the day starting in 90 mins, pardon any latency.