[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Re: LUN (in)visibility

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Thu Dec 10 07:55:28 UTC 2015

Hi!

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com>
Från: Tom Robinson
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2015-12-10 00:43
Kopia: omnios-discuss <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Ärende: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] LUN (in)visibility

On 10/12/15 10:00, Dan McDonald wrote:

>> On Dec 9, 2015, at 5:24 PM, Tom Robinson <tom.robinson at motec.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> OmniOS v11 r151012
>
> First off, OmniOS r151012 has reached end of service life.  You should upgrade to at least r151014 (the current LTS) or r151016 (the current Stable).

Yes, I was looking at either r151014 or r151016 yesterday. We will plan to do that upgrade. Is there
an announce list as I was unaware that r151012 had reached end of service life.

> I'd recommend first getting up to date with either r151014 or r151016.  From there people can figure things out a little easier.

I appreciate that we should be moving onto a supported platform but it would be good to know where I
would even start to look for reasons why this is happening.

Kind regards,
Tom

You say "infiniband". Do you mean SRP? Where do you have your subnet manager? In the IB switch? If so, did you check the switch SM logs?

I suppose you checked the data links? dladm show-link? What exactly did you check?

How about multipath? How many paths did/do you have to each LUN? I know there were a discussion about too many paths to a LUN earlier on this list. That was fibre channel, though.

I can't really comment on iScsi since I never use it...

Rgrds Johan

--

Tom Robinson
IT Manager/System Administrator