[OmniOS-discuss] SSH versions on global and non-global zones

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Dec 11 20:38:30 UTC 2015

> On Dec 11, 2015, at 3:25 PM, Philip Yuengling <philip.yuengling at circonus.com> wrote:
>
> It seems that when installing LTS 151014 from the kayak image the global gets OpenSSH_7.1p1, but non-global zones get Sun_SSH_1.5.
>
> Obviously some work can be done to get them to match, but it may be good to have them match from the start?  Or am I missing something.

Huh... I had NO idea it would do that.  I assumed (probably incorrectly) that the NGZs would get "entire" just like the global one would.

Ahhh, I see the problem:

	https://github.com/omniti-labs/pkg5/blob/omnios/src/brand/pkgcreatezone#L545

"entire" populates the global zone.  Whatever is in pkgcreatezone works for ipkg & lipkg zones.

"entire" can support both, and due to IPS's rules (higher version number wins), OpenSSH7.1 beats SunSSH0.151xxx.

Not sure if patching pkgcreatezone is the best option OR if we should inherit-from-global more intelligently in the pkgcreatezone script.

Thanks for finding this!