[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Re: Ang: Re: How to configure FCoE target in OmniOS?

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Tue Dec 15 05:55:26 UTC 2015

Hi Johan,

Am 14.12.15 um 23:37 schrieb Johan Kragsterman:
> Hi!

Hmm, no… I want to use OmniOS as a FCoE target, actually, not an
initiator. I got my FCoE initiator on RHEL already set up and logged in
to the fabric. I am wondering a bit about the DCB client though - I am
still not sure, if the X520-T2 has one built it or not. On RHEL I
configred the DCB_REQUIRED to no and it obviously works, which led me to
believe that these Intel CNAs actually do have a DCB client built in.

> By the way, what kind of switch do you use? I know there are FCoE switches that have different FCoE ports and FC ports...I mean, if you confused those ports...?
I am using a Nexus 5596, with some fabric extenders and although I am
pretty sure, that I configured the ports correctly I will check that one
again and see, if I made some mistake.

> Rgrds Johan
Thanks,
Stephan

Krebs’s 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety
1st - “If you didn’t go looking for it, don’t install it!”
2nd - “If you installed it, update it.”
3rd - “If you no longer need it, remove it.”
http://krebsonsecurity.com/2011/05/krebss-3-basic-rules-for-online-safety

Stephan Budach
Head of IT
Jung von Matt/basis GmbH
Glashüttenstraße 79
20357 Hamburg

Tel: +49 40-4321-1353
Fax: +49 40-4321-1114
E-Mail: stephan.budach at jvm.de
Internet: http://www.jvm.com

Geschäftsführer: Dominik Fassl, Christoph Köhler, Ulrich Pallas
AG HH HRB 82024