[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS and Veeam

Michael Talbott mtalbott at lji.org
Wed Dec 16 05:07:45 UTC 2015

I'd like to use an OmniOS box for a Veeam backup repository. The only solution I've been able to come up with thus far is to create a Linux VM, mount an OmniOS nfs export and then point Veeam to the Linux box's mounted nfs volume. Kinda clunky and far from optimal, but seems to get the job done. I'd like to eliminate the middleman if possible.

From my understanding Veeam just uses some perl script over ssh to query for a few things like finding mounted filesystems, etc. And then it uses NFS for the actual transfers. But that perl script doesn't properly complete on OmniOS probably due to some slightly different call requirements.

Anybody on here been through this and know of any workarounds to make it work natively? Or can anyone think of a less clunky workaround?

Thanks,

Michael