[OmniOS-discuss] Corrupted ZFS metadata?

Jacob Vosmaer contact at jacobvosmaer.nl
Sat Feb 7 23:16:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

I use OS X 10.10.x clients to access ZFS filesystems on OmniOS r151012 via
NFS. Not quite the same as Olaf but I do sometimes get weird 'corrupted
file' errors from OS X.

Olaf, have you tried using 'cp' to copy one of the seemingly corrupted
files from your OmniOS box to a local OS X volume before opening the file
in OS X? Another fun one for me is looking for extended attributes with 'ls
-l@' and clearing them with 'xattr -c'. Not sure if it ever fixes anything
but it's something one can poke around with.