[OmniOS-discuss] UPCOMING: End of Support Life approaching for OmniOS r151010

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Feb 20 20:18:51 UTC 2015

Unicast...

Found this:

	http://echelog.com/logs/browse/smartos/1408053600

With this to say:

<rmustacc> So, I can give you a copy of the analysis.
<rmustacc> Basically the number of iovecs that we can receive is up to the virtio ring buffer size.
<rmustacc> Which is a lot more than the number of frame io vectors.
<rmustacc> And while this shouldn't generally happen, Windows has been guilt of it for non-jumbo frames.
<rmustacc> Why you would break up a <1500 byte packet into 32 iovectors is beyond me.
<nahamu> and when it does that QEMU crashes on the assert with the old code, correct?