[OmniOS-discuss] Who alters /etc/profile or /etc/.login on their boxes?

Andy omnios at citrus-it.net
Fri Feb 27 23:16:33 UTC 2015

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015, Dan McDonald wrote:

; This is a serious question.  A recent illumos push mildly affects people who have, but in OmniOS's case, it's a mild change (not a horrible one).
;
; I'd appreciate some on-list feedback about who does and doesn't change their /etc/profile or /etc/.login vs. what we ship.

We change /etc/profile here (and /etc/zshrc since that's our default
shell). Nothing major or that can't be put back following the update.

Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)870 199 8000 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123