[OmniOS-discuss] gettext 0.18.3.1 on OmniOS: libgomp.so.1 not found

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 20:53:42 UTC 2015

On 24 September 2013 at 15:18, Ryo ONODERA <ryo_on at yk.rim.or.jp> wrote:
> As you expected, my real problem is seen in pkgsrc build.
> I do not wat to use PREFER_PKGSRC=yes, so I will use crle command.

As a temporary workaround I went down the crle route
crle -c /var/ld/ld.config -l /lib:/usr/lib:/opt/gcc-4.8.1/lib

With that, I was able to build databases/shared-mime-info which
previously failed at the configured stage due to
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/gmsgfmt
ld.so.1: xgettext: fatal: libgomp.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
ld.so.1: msgmerge: fatal: libgomp.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
ld.so.1: msgfmt: fatal: libgomp.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
configure: error: GNU gettext tools not found; required for intltool

Causing 2306 to break.

Ideally the gettext package provided in omnios should have the correct
rpath passed to it during build so it's not an issue but before we get
to that, here's a yak called omnios-build which needs shaving and
documenting correctly because out of the box on a r151014 zone it's
incapable of creating the repo needed or talking to a pre-prepared
repo.

Sevan / Venture37