[OmniOS-discuss] big zfs storage?

Liam Slusser lslusser at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 18:04:24 UTC 2015

I have two 800T ZFS systems on OmniOS and a bunch of smaller <50T systems.
Things generally work very well.  We loose a disk here and there but its
never resulted in downtime.  They're all on Dell hardware with LSI or Dell
PERC controllers.

Putting in smaller disk failure parameters, so disks fail quicker, was a
big help when something does go wrong with a disk.

thanks,
liam