[OmniOS-discuss] re-tune round-robin reading from a mirror

Schweiss, Chip chip at innovates.com
Wed Jul 15 15:45:55 UTC 2015

This is a very interesting idea.  It could allow for the creation of a
scratch pool with great ROI.   I have a particular need for an extremely
high read rate pool for data analysis that will leverage the fattest read
optimized SSDs I can get for the dollar.  I was considering this to be
raidz1, but if mirroring with disks would work this way, it could be even
better bang for the buck.

Did you ever do any actual testing with this type of setup?  I'd love to
see some real world performance data.

-Chip