[OmniOS-discuss] Xeon SOC with 10 GB net card

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Jul 16 22:16:30 UTC 2015

> On Jul 16, 2015, at 6:03 PM, Fábio Rabelo <fabio at fabiorabelo.wiki.br> wrote:
>
> Hi to all
>
> Someone knows if the 10 GB network ports in this litle baby works with OmniOS ?
>
> http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/D/X10SDV-8C-TLN4F.cfm

It's not clear to me which controller the 10Gig is based upon.  The slideware I see for Xeon D says, "Based on Intel's Robust 10G solution".  To me that screams, "82599 or X540".

Further review suggests we need to update our ixgbe driver with the latest bits from upstream and Intel.  You should ask this question on the illumos developer's list.