[OmniOS-discuss] Anyone try the new bloody ISO on OpenStack/KVM or Linux/KVM

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 20:28:43 UTC 2015

Dan,

Subject says it all.  I'm looking for additional testing datapoints if any
> are available above/beyond our own.  ESPECIALLY because of the vioif
> support now in bloody.

I tried this on a UK supplier, Bytemark, who support installation of any OS
you can get running on KVM.

It's not entirely convincing.

Booting the iso with the VM in compatibility mode (so you see an ide drive
and
an e1000g0 network) works just fine.

Booting the iso with the VM in virtio mode hangs. The first time it got to
'Probing for device nodes ...' and hung for as long as I had patience.
(10-20
minutes or more, certainly much longer than you would expect.)

My second attempt I also get the hang, but do see a message from vioif.

[image: Inline image 1]

--
-Peter Tribble