[OmniOS-discuss] r151014 update --> vioif, KVM, and one NFS/RPC fix

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Jul 27 21:04:02 UTC 2015

Hello folks!

I've pushed out an update for r151014, our Long-Term Support release.  It's a reboot-your-system update, because to insure no mismatched modules, I rebuilt all of illumos-omnios.

New in this update are:

- illumos-omnios built from branch r151014, commit 7648372.

- vioif backported from bloody.

- KVM hosts with broken directed-EOI are now worked-around, for better vioif guest support.

- Flow control in rpcmod to allow NFS servers to better keep up with fast networks.  (Thanks to Nexenta for the original fix, and to U. of Toronto's Chris Siebenmann for field-testing on his own '014 boxes.)

- /opt/onbld/bin/onu now weakens the signature policy on the ONU-generated BE for easier local building.

- omnios-build built from branch r151014, commit b738989.

- Small updates to KVM.

- vioif now will be included by default in "entire" and in release media.

I did mention release media, didn't I?  The ISO, USB, and Kayak media are now updated as well.

These media include vioif in the boot media, so you can better install or migrate as a guest on OpenStack/KVM or Linux/KVM hosts (though you will, unfortunately, still have to deal with the installer's inability to detect vioblk drives).

Happy updating!