[OmniOS-discuss] LX Branded Zones

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Jul 29 19:09:12 UTC 2015

> On Jul 29, 2015, at 2:54 PM, Kyle Bruene <KBruene at simmonsperrine.com> wrote:
>
> Are there any plans to make LX branded zones available in OmniOS, or will this remain a SmartOS-only Illumos feature?

There are plans.  Not sure of all of their details yet, but there are plans.  I can only say with certainty that they will NOT be in r151016 (the next stable).

The largest consideration is the admin model.  We don't have vmadm(1M) in OmniOS, and to do so would mean porting over large chunks of SmartOS and/or SmartDC, which I'd rather not do.  So we need to consider what a zonecfg(1M) model for LX zone would look like.  Admins in the audience should think about this as well.