[OmniOS-discuss] Missing readline module in r151014

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Jul 31 16:47:49 UTC 2015

> On Jul 31, 2015, at 11:32 AM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>
> I have a tentative fix.  Cal --> Please contact me unicast, since you're the ideal person to test the fix.

Thanks to Cal for confirming the tactical value of this fix:

commit 02f0aad7c7cc88c6048c13d18e573839caabe038
Author: Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com>
Date:   Fri Jul 31 15:25:59 2015 +0000

    Stock OmniOS Python needs to cope with readline 6.3

It's in master now. I'll be running it on bloody locally to make sure nothing else goes fubar.  Then I will backport it to r151014 and update runtime/python-26 with this as well.

The bug was introduced in r151012, when I bumped readline to 6.3.  Why python's build didn't just fail when readline wouldn't build is beyond me, but it took this long to find it out.  I'm sorry I didn't find it sooner.

Thanks,