[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS on IBM DX360 UEFI Firmware

John Barfield john.barfield at bissinc.com
Thu Mar 5 03:58:29 UTC 2015

Thanks! Ill try that tomorrow...

Thanks and have a great day,

John Barfield

On Mar 4, 2015, at 6:40 PM, Schweiss, Chip <chip at innovates.com<mailto:chip at innovates.com>> wrote:

Sounds like the problem I had on a new Supermicro box.   I found by trial and error turning off x2apic in the bios fixed the problem.

Also disable C sleep states.

-Chip

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:27 AM, John Barfield <john.barfield at bissinc.com<mailto:john.barfield at bissinc.com>> wrote:
Greetings,

       I'm writing to see if anyone could point me in the direction of a document that would detail how to get OmniOS to boot on IBM's newest UEFI firmware on system X machines.

I'm using a DX360 3U chassis as a storage appliance and I'm having a hard time booting the installer iso from USB.

The installer ISO simply does not work but I can boot another "installed" OmniOS appliance image off of a different USB stick.

However this image just crashes and reboots after the SunOS 5.11 screen and goes into an infinite reboot loop.

If anyone has any experience with this server I would be very grateful if you shared your knowledge.

I've tried disabling UEFI or enabling legacy mode but I just don't think that its working...after scanning through IBM's docs from what I can tell...it should just work automatically.

Thanks in advance for any help!

John Barfield