[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody // mailwrapper & mta mediator

Andy omnios at citrus-it.net
Sat Mar 7 12:42:48 UTC 2015

On Sat, 7 Mar 2015, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

; On Sat, 7 Mar 2015 11:17:03 +0000 (GMT)
; Andy <omnios at citrus-it.net> wrote:
;
; >
; > Can anyone see any other practical and supportable options that would
; > allow us to replace the sendmail package wholesale?
; >
; Could something be borrowed from Debian where the mta package simply is
; creating a link to the actual mta and the sysadms change the pointer by
; running update-alternatives?

That's precisely what IPS pkg mediators do:

aomni# (168) ls -l /usr/lib/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          32 Mar  4 13:49 /usr/lib/sendmail ->
../../opt/sendmail/sbin/sendmail*

aomni# (172) pkg set-mediator -I mailwrapper mta

aomni# (173) ls -l /usr/lib/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          11 Mar  4 15:21 /usr/lib/sendmail ->
mailwrapper*

I've no problem with that as a solution for the MTA binaries

aomni# (178) pkg contents -a mediator=mta -o action.raw
service/network/smtp/sendmail
ACTION.RAW
link mediator=mta mediator-implementation=sendmail path=usr/bin/mailq
target=../lib/smtp/sendmail/mailq
link mediator=mta mediator-implementation=sendmail path=usr/sbin/sendmail
target=../lib/smtp/sendmail/sendmail
link mediator=mta mediator-implementation=sendmail
path=usr/sbin/newaliases target=../lib/smtp/sendmail/newaliases
link mediator=mta mediator-implementation=sendmail path=etc/aliases
target=./mail/aliases
link mediator=mta mediator-implementation=sendmail path=usr/lib/sendmail
target=../lib/smtp/sendmail/sendmail

but it doesn't help me with /etc/mail, the SMF service or the /etc/init.d
script that
value=pkg://omnios/service/network/smtp/sendmail@8.14.4,5.11-0.151013
installs.

A.
Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)870 199 8000 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123