[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Re: QLE2652 I/O Disconnect. Heat Sinks?

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Sat Mar 7 15:24:36 UTC 2015

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: "'Nate Smith'" <nsmith at careyweb.com>, "'Richard Elling'" <richard.elling at richardelling.com>
Från: Rune Tipsmark
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2015-03-07 04:06
Kopia: "omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com" <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Ärende: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] QLE2652 I/O Disconnect. Heat Sinks?

No idea to be honest, even if there is its scary if it can cause these kinds of problems…

Br,

Rune

You don't know wether these systems got risers or not?

That can't be difficult to find out: Are the HBA's located directly in PCIe slots on the system board, or are they instead located in riser boards that sits in the PCIe slots?

It would be very interesting to find out....

If Richards theory is correct, you got HBA's sitting in risers on the Supermicro, but on the HP you got the HBA's directly in the PCIe slots on the system board.

 Rgrds Johan