[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody // mailwrapper & mta mediator

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Mar 9 14:37:16 UTC 2015

> On Mar 9, 2015, at 12:07 AM, Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Mar 07, 2015 at 11:17:03AM +0000, Andy wrote:
>
>> To date (we're running r151012 in production), OmniOS doesn't install
>> an MTA by default but, with the integration of 5166, sendmail becomes
>> a dependency of mailwrapper and mailwrapper is required by SUNWcs.
>
> :(, we actually use postfix for MTA purposes. I'd hate to see a hard
> requirement for sendmail as part of the base system.

I'll be looking into 5166 and its impact later today.  I want to cut a last or next-to-last bloody today or tomorrow.  This investigation will force it to be tomorrow.

If you have suggested diffs, please mail them to the list or create webrevs.  I'm generally okay with this so long as:

	- It does not break anything else.

	- It does not hinder the post-014 goal of building illumos-gate on OmniOS.

But I need to make sure.