[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody // mailwrapper & mta mediator

Andy omnios at citrus-it.net
Mon Mar 9 22:34:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, 9 Mar 2015, Paul B. Henson wrote:

; > From: Dan McDonald
; > Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 10:19 AM
; >
; > Tell me, would weakening the requirement of sendmail by mailwrapper help?
; >
; > This keeps the spirit of the change, but doesn't trip up folks who want
; their own
; > sendmail (even if they are technically violating KYSTY in their version!
; ;) ).
;
; So obviously mailwrapper would be installed, but what would happen with
; sendmail? It would be installed as well, but could be removed? I'm not sure
; exactly what IPS does with optional requirements. Currently we drop in our
; own symlinks for /usr/lib/sendmail et al pointing to our installed postfix,
; after the update, instead we would need to integrate the paths to our
; postfix stuff into the mailwrapper configuration instead?

You could do that - updating /etc/mailer.conf and leaving mailwrapper as
the /usr/lib/sendmail - but you're probably better off updating your
postfix package to use mediated symlinks. If you set the priority to
'site' it should override mailwrapper upon installation.

Here's what we have in our MTA manifest now:

link mediator=mta
    mediator-implementation=citrus-sendmail
    mediator-priority=site
    path=usr/lib/sendmail
    target=../../opt/sendmail/sbin/sendmail

/opt/sendmail being where our Sendmail is.

Similar entries for mailq, newaliases and /usr/sbin/sendmail.

Andy
Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)870 199 8000 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123