[OmniOS-discuss] list of know-compatible motherboards?

Marion Hakanson hakansom at ohsu.edu
Sat Mar 21 01:23:04 UTC 2015

Joseph,

You can work around the "too many drives" problems by making the assumption
that you will never need to boot off of your external disks (the ones attached
to the SAS HBA's).  Then you enter each SAS HBA's BIOS config manager, and
disable booting for that HBA.  The motherboard BIOS will then no longer see
the drives attached to the HBA's.

I do this as a matter of course, because we have systems with as many as 120
drives attached via external SAS HBA's.  No BIOS copes well with so many
potential boot devices.

Regards,

Marion