[OmniOS-discuss] kernel panic "kernel heap corruption detected" when creating zero eager disks

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Mar 24 22:41:15 UTC 2015

Here's a good place to start.  It may need to be kicked to the illumos developer's list, but let's see what we can figure out first.

1.) What revision of OmniOS are you running?

2.) I notice a lot of STMF threads.  COMSTAR (aka. STMF) is not the most stable piece of software in illumos, especially in older revisions.  There's been a lot of work done on it, but that's mostly in Nexenta's distro.  It hasn't been all upstreamed yet.