[OmniOS-discuss] kernel panic "kernel heap corruption detected" when creating zero eager disks

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Mar 25 18:52:12 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 10:52:26 -0400
Nate Smith <nsmith at careyweb.com> wrote:

> Can confirm that there are problems with Comstar, especially with Fibre/STMF. Are people seeing problems with iSCSI or does that seem more stable?

I have used a box as shared storage for proxmox ve presenting
storage for KVM over iSCSI (Comstar) since 151008 (Bloody at that time
due to missing support for the Hudson chipset in 151006) and now
151012. I have not had a single problem in all this time. Omnios and
Comstar have been rock solid.

The first approx. 2 years the connection was through a bond of 1Gb
Intel Nics but the last approx. 1 year I have been using IPoIB which
until now have had the same track record as Gb nics.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Scientists are people who build the Brooklyn Bridge and then buy it.
		-- William Buckley