[OmniOS-discuss] 2nd-to-last bloody update for r151013

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Mar 25 23:44:32 UTC 2015

> On Mar 25, 2015, at 7:31 PM, Andy <omnios at citrus-it.net> wrote:
>

> On Tue, 10 Mar 2015, Dan McDonald wrote:
>
> ; The last bloody didn't have a lot of changes.  This one does.  Let's go over them:
> ;
> ; * ipmitool is now 1.8.15
>
> The configure.in patch that enabled the open interface was also removed
> along with this upgrade to 1.8.15.
>
> http://omnios.omniti.com/changeset.php/core/omnios-build/b9ed06fb1c62498f8c10acb7cf21e06865a3c74c#d1
>
> Any particular reason? It stops it being able to talk to the interface
> delivered by the dependant driver/ipmi package.

I screwed up.  The 1.8.15 source has no configure.in.  I forgot to replace the configure.in patch with a similar configure patch.

bloody(build/ipmitool)[2]% /tmp/build_danmcd/ipmitool-1.8.15/src/ipmitool -h | & ggrep -A5 Interfaces
Interfaces:
        open          Linux OpenIPMI Interface [default]
        lan           IPMI v1.5 LAN Interface
        lanplus       IPMI v2.0 RMCP+ LAN Interface
        serial-terminal  Serial Interface, Terminal Mode
        serial-basic  Serial Interface, Basic Mode
bloody(build/ipmitool)[0]%

That look better?