[OmniOS-discuss] kernel panic "kernel heap corruption detected" when creating zero eager disks

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Mar 26 15:37:26 UTC 2015

I mentioned earlier:

> I know Nexenta's done a LOT of improvements on this in illumos-nexenta.  It might be time to upstream some of what they've done.  I know it's a moving target (COMSTAR is not a well-written subsystem), so it may take some unravelling.

I was looking at Nexenta's changes.  They HAVE done a lot of work in these areas, and at some point someone needs to upstream them.  Nexenta isn't under an obligation to upstream, just to publish, which they have.

I found one particular bug that MAY have manifested as your problem.  Because 014's coming up, I can't get to it at the moment. If you've built kernel modules before, I can tell you where the fix should go and approximately what the fix is.  You'd have to test it, however.

Sorry I can't be of more immediate assistance,