[OmniOS-discuss] Potential KVM Virtio Performance Issues

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Mar 27 14:42:01 UTC 2015

> On Mar 26, 2015, at 4:50 PM, John Barfield <john.barfield at bissinc.com> wrote:
>
> So I was still having issues with virtio performance. I’ve finally determined that its the child zone that is  capping the throughput at 85mbps.

We don't document KVM in a non-global (what you call "child") zone, but it is possible.

I've put in for 014 the /dev/kvm entry in newly-created zones by default.  This was missing from earlier OmniOS releases.  I assume when configuring your non-global zones you did this yourself via zonecfg(1M)?

Just checking to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Thanks,