[OmniOS-discuss] A warning for upgraders with large numbers of BEs

PÁSZTOR György pasztor at sagv5.gyakg.u-szeged.hu
Mon Mar 23 21:19:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

"Dan McDonald" <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote at 2015-03-23 16:14:
> Soon r151014 will be hitting the streets.  WHEN THAT DOES, I have to warn people, especially those jumping from r151006 to r151014 about a known issue in grub.
>
> The illumos grub has serious memory management issues.  It cannot cope with too many boot environment (BE) entries.

Sorry for semi-offtopicing the thread, but: Will the lx brand be restored
in the upcoming release?

Is there a feature map / release plan / anything available?
I tried to find information regarding this topic without success.

I checked this url:
http://omnios.omniti.com/roadmap.php
But nothing relevant information was there. It seems outdated /
unmaintained.

I've just recently find this distro. I used openindiana since Oracle...
-- Did what they did to opensolaris --

So, I'm new here, sorry for lame questions.

Kind regards,
György Pásztor