[OmniOS-discuss] Small update - new lint libraries for some userland packages

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue May 5 15:55:31 UTC 2015

I've just updated the openssl, zlib, trousers, and libxml2 packages to include lint libraries.  This is a non-reboot update, but you may need to restart services requiring any of the aforementioned packages that are non-system-related.

I'm making this change because later today, I'll be pushing back changes in illumos-gate that allow people to build stock illumos-gate on OmniOS r151014 or later.  Technically, you can do it on 012 as well, but with a ton of lint.  014 and later will be able to build stock illumos-gate, which will make OmniOS a more attractive platform to illumos developers. This list will be Cc:ed on some of those illumos announcements.

Thank you OmniOS community!