[OmniOS-discuss] CIFS Issues

Matthew McGee mcgee at sci-world.net
Fri May 15 22:34:29 UTC 2015

I didn't see this message until it came through on the digest.
I have a working system now albeit, its a cludge.

The person who suggested using a DNS alias gets a beer.
I took this idea and did further troubleshooting and found that if the
hostname is in AD, I get the error message. If I remove it from AD
and reboot the client, it works.

There is no discernible difference between using Napp-it and not.
I get the same result either way.

I also find it curious that all my shares are now forcibly in lower case.
My Documents share comes in as documents. No big deal, but strange.

Thank you for the suggestions and I am all ears if you have anything
further.

Message: 4