[OmniOS-discuss] nfs client in a zone won't start

martin at waldenvik.se martin at waldenvik.se
Fri May 15 22:44:06 UTC 2015

Hi

Thanks for all your tips regarding the nfs client. I still does not know what caused it. Maybe some network configuration mishap. The nfs/client worked in the GZ without problem.

Wish you all a nice weekend
Martin
Sent with Airmail

On 16 May 2015 at 00:17:19, Andrew Gabriel (illumos at cucumber.demon.co.uk<mailto:illumos at cucumber.demon.co.uk>) wrote:

Richard Elling wrote:
>> On May 15, 2015, at 2:25 PM, Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> wrote:
>>

>> The state offline* (with asterisk) means transition from offline (is in process of onlining). You might want to look into /var/svc/log/*nfs-client*log for possible more details, and/or to manually rerun (or instrument with 'sh -x' and the likes) the scripts and bits of the service to trace into the problem.
>>

> pro tip:
> cat $(svcs -L nfs/client)

or a "tail -f" running whilst you try starting it from another terminal
window.

svcs -p nfs/client
can also be useful when it's stuck in a startup script, to see what
processes it currently has running.

--
Andrew