[OmniOS-discuss] Samba Performance

Doug Hughes doug at will.to
Tue May 19 18:41:23 UTC 2015

The equivalent TCP raw tunings for Solaris based OS's

ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_xmit_hiwat 1048576
ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_recv_hiwat 1048576
ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_max_buf 4194304

Those are the raw tunables and if you run get on those you'll see that they
are different than what's in ipadm. One is just buffers, but these are the
sliding window parameters.

How big is your latency? Agreed that 1Mb seems like plenty even for
east/west coast high-bandwidth WAN. You certainly wouldn't need to go about
4MB for that.