[OmniOS-discuss] I think I broke part of the network stack

Heinz Nikolaus Gies heinz at licenser.net
Sat May 30 18:55:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

I got the feeling that I did break part of the networks tack on a server of mine. The list of commands I executed are attached, right now no diadem show-* command returns output (return code is still 0). I do suspect that was caused by adding a vmic with the same name twice but I am not sure and don’t want to reboot at this point so no evidence is destroyed.

Cheers,
Heinz

  397  dladm show-vnic
  398  dladm show-vnic -v
  399  dladm show-phys
  401  man dladm
  402  dladm create-vnic -l bge0 net0
  403  dladm show-phys
  404  dladm show-vnic
  405  dladm destroy-vnic -l bge0 net0
  406  dladm delete-vnic -l bge0 net0
  407  dladm delete-vnic  net0
  408  dladm create-vnic -l bge0 net0 -p zone=2398fe7c-032f-11e5-abb0-b33f9f953915
  412  dladm create-vnic -l bge0 net0
  416  dladm show-vnic
  417  dladm create-vnic -l bge0 net0
  419  dladm show-vnic