[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS stops acting as a DHCP client

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Nov 4 12:59:16 UTC 2015

> On Nov 4, 2015, at 4:49 AM, Michael Mounteney <gate03 at landcroft.co.uk> wrote:
>
> This is one of those instances where I'm going to leave out some
> relevant fact but I'll try to put in all the factors.
>
> TL;DR OmniOS permanently refuses to be a DHCP client.

I'd highly recommend monitoring the DHCP traffic and sharing it here:

	snoop -o dhcp-traffic udp port 67 or udp port 68

Analyzing the traffic would be helpful here.

And you said you're seeing this in 014 and even its prior bloody 013.  006 is still available for the next 4-6 months -- does that {mis,}behave the same way?  And what about other illumos distros?  This problem should be consistent across them, as we make no client-side DHCP changes in OmniOS.